MANAGING YOUR BUSINESS IN THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
Source’s lawyers, HR specialists and CFOs have created a set of resources to support businesses manage the complex and evolving impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are regularly updating and expanding the resources in response to new Government announcements and the changing landscape.
There is one key theme in the Australian Government’s Return to Work roadmap that all employers need to comply with: making sure their workplaces are COVIDSafe. The following resources guide you through what you need to do and how to do it.
Managing your workforce
- ‘COVID-19 New Powers for Employers covered by the JobKeeper Scheme
- COVID-19 JobKeeper Payment Guide
- COVID-19 Managing Public Holidays Guide
- COVID-19 Pandemic Leave and Annual Leave Flexibility Rules Guide
- COVID-19 Managing Employees Returning from Leave
- COVID-19 Employment & Leave FAQs for Employers
- COVID-19 Workforce Reduction Options for Employers
- COVID-19 Standing Down Employees Guide
- COVID-19 All-Staff Communication Template
- COVID-19 JobKeeper Alternative Tests Explained
- COVID-19 Employee Communication – A guide to a safe working environment when working from home
The Employer Response Kit has been developed by our Legal and HR specialists. Straightforward and practical, we’re sure this Kit will be immediately useful to your business.
COVID-19 Rent Relief
As the COVID-19 economic crisis deepens, many businesses are facing challenges to pay the rent.
- We explain how leases operate, what’s currently available under the recently announced rental relief measures, and what you can do if your business can’t afford to pay the rent, in Source’s COVID-19 Lease Relief Guide.
- We explain what the new Code of Conduct means for tenants and landlords in this National Leasing Code Relief Explained Guide.
COVID-19 Business Contracts Implications
Increasingly, there’s a need to understand and manage impacts to business contracts.
- COVID-19 Impacts on Business Contracts – The Doctrine of Frustration Explained
This guide outlines what legal or contractual avenues might be available if it becomes impossible for businesses to perform their obligations under contracts due to the pandemic.
- COVID-19 Impacts on Supply Chains – How Force Majeure in Contracts May Apply
This guide outlines how any disruption in your supply chain caused by the coronavirus may be covered in your business’ contracts.
COVID-19 Corporate and Financial Impacts
The Government’s recent announcements have introduced significant new changes for corporate functions and financial operations.
- The federal government’s temporary relief measures for financially distressed businesses. We summarise the key changed rules and responsibilities for directors’ personal liability, insolvent companies, bankruptcy triggers.
- We’ve updated our summary of the federal government’s stimulus package to include the new provisions announced on the weekend.
- Does your business qualify for the federal government’s Boosting Cash Flow for Employers package? In this document we outline the likely impact across different business-type scenarios.
We’re working with a number of businesses on financial modelling, so they can best prepare for the business impact from the coronavirus crisis. Financial modelling gives a detailed scenario analysis, based on varying levels of impact to revenue and cashflow. This means your business is able to prepare, mitigate risks and be ready to take action at different trigger points across different scenarios, including worst-case scenario. Contact our CFO Kate Razzivina on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like Source to undertake a financial impact analysis for your business.
Risk Assistance Paper
The Risk Assistance Paper is a collaborative paper produced by Intercharge, with input from Source and Premium Strategies. It covers insurance and workers compensation implications of the COVID-19 crisis.
FIND OUT MORE
Need a helping hand?
If your business could benefit from HR guidance and assistance, contact Sean Melbourne Tel: 0411 647 453
Source HR offers multiple HR solutions for businesses, including putting policies and procedures in place, mitigating against risk, assisting your business with change management, managing your talent effectively, organisational design to improving management capability and productivity. To understand how Source HR could benefit your business, check out the services we offer under an agreed-price monthly retainer.